Updated: Apr 11
Culburran Escape is a three bedroom cottage just a few minutes walk from Warrain Beach and Lake Woolomboola, at Culburra Beach.
The deck offers under-cover or outdoor seating, the latter of which affords spectacular night stars to the sound of cicadas and frogs. A cacophony of birds will wake you in the morning, including friendly Kookaburras.
Just two and a half hours from Sydney, Culburra is surrounded by water. Nearby attractions include the fishing village of Greenwell Point, the rock pool and the rock pool at Currarong.
There are a range of 'wet shoe walks' around the ocean foreshores, and a choice of two patrolled surf beaches. Alternatively, lake Wollumboola offers wading or shallow swimming in safety, depending on how much water is in it. The lake sometimes opens to the sea, providing huge entertainment, and a week or so after that, is ideal for prawn and crab collecting. The hamlet of Pyree is on the way to Culburra with a variety of cute shops. Not far away is Huskisson and Jervis Bay, with world-famous dolphin and whale viewing cruises. Not that you have to go that far to see Dolphins, you sometimes encounter them just a few metres from you in the water as you swim at the local beaches. Nor to see a Wallaby, Kangaroo or bunny, they might hop on to the front lawn in the early evening and are often seen within a minute or two's walk from the house.
In Culburra you will find a Woolworths supermarket, and The Little Snapper, a cocktail serving hamburger restaurant. See Things to see and Wet Shoe Walks Around Culburra.
Bring your own sheets and towels, or use ones already there by arrangement.
Availability is shown below, call Carmel for bookings.
There is no wifi and mobile Internet connectivity is very poor.
There are some super simple rules:
· Go gently on the showers, they can overflow.
· Look after the place, let us know of any required repairs.
· Red bin goes our ever Weds evening. Do not leave out on other days.
· Recycling bin goes out every second week – see schedule on inside of pantry door.
When you leave check that:
· The backdoor and trifold doors are fully locked.
· Stove and lights are off.
· All windows are closed.
Do not leave:
· Kitchen waste in any bins, inside or out – take this with you.
· Food, particularly perishable food in the pantry or fridge.
· Any items, or donations – nothing at all.